Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst for the TSYS project. The project is already in progress and is focused on maintaining and upgrading business regulations for the digital channels.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain further experience in a highly critical and visible role to the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc., whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
• Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 7+ years’ Business Systems Analyst experience working on challenging IT System projects, specifically web integration projects.
• 5+ years’ Financial industry experience, ideally within one of the big 5 banks.
• 4+ years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
• Hands-on experience with Rational Rose / MS Visio / MS Project / JIRA / Confluence / SQL – recent project experience preferred
• Proficient in drawing Business Process Flow and User Cases Modeling, proven through recent project experience
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
• Previous client experience is highly preferred and will be prioritized
• Certificated PMP or CSM
• Previous experience as Software Engineer
• Recent project experience with Personal & Business Banking, especially Payment / Wealth Management / Banking Security.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
Education and Certifications:
• Certificated PMP or CSM is preferred