Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Digitization and Automation team is part of Global HR, responsible for defining and implementing plans to identify, maintain and continuously improve HR tools and technology, ensuring its alignment with Global HR strategy & programs, and enhancing our employee digital experiences.
• This is an ideal career opportunity for a seasoned HR Analyst, HRIS, HR Systems, Senior Business Analyst, Product Owner professional with passion HR applications, portals, systems and tools.
• You will partner across Global HR and Global Technology to develop roadmaps, improve employee experience and the efficient and effectiveness of the Global HR function through HR systems.
• This role is responsible for defining and implementing plans to identify, maintain and continuously improve technology for HR, ensuring its alignment with HR strategy and programs, and enhancing digital experiences
• Reason for request: Mat Leave
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to the banks many top of line banking technologies and systems.
Typical Day in Role:
• Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• Facilitate and prioritize business technology needs, translate HR requirements into technology solutions
• Lead the strategy, roadmap and create/maintain a detailed prioritized product backlog for the applications under the Portals portfolio and Case Management System.
• Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams writing and clarifying user stories, participating in sprint planning and reviews, backlog grooming and prioritization.
• Is a Subject Matter Expert for matters related to their designated system. Maintains an expert level knowledge of the system and business processes it supports
• Define and implement a prioritized roadmap to maintain and continually improve designated systems and digital experiences, leveraging stakeholder feedback, knowledge of HR practices and insights on leading trend
• Provide subject matter consultation and leadership to the Digitization & Automation Consultants, IT teams and other stakeholders acting as an escalation point to expedite support for designated systems and drive service enhancement
• Collaborate with COEs, HR Services and other key stakeholders to ensure that designated HR systems align with HR strategy and programs, and address key issues and opportunities.
• Oversee the performance of respective systems through analysis of systems performance metrics and user feedback mechanisms to ensure optimal system performance
• Partner with IT to improve systems functionality and, when required, support the resolution of technical issues.
• Build a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations within his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework,
• Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years experience in product management or project management in an agile environment
• 5+ years of experience in gathering and developing business requirements, defining support procedures and managing multiple deadlines with various stakeholders
• Proven ability to coordinate efforts in line with the bigger picture to maximize overall value – demonstrated in project work
• Strong knowledge of Organizational structure and complexity
• Spanish fluency both written and verbal is required as they will be working directly with South American counterparts
• Candidate should have experience with coaching other
• Experience as Product Owner would be an asset.
• Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
• Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
• Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Looking for someone with strong leadership skills and influence
• Candidate must be comfortable having individuals reporting into them
Degrees or certifications:
• Post-secondary degree in Business or Human Resources or related field
• PMP or Agile certifications are nice to have
• Intermediaries between Global HR and the technology partners
• The team itself is not all business, there is a technical piece in this group being able to connect the business and operations
• Current Candidate – Claudia currently is Product Owner for HR Applications, CMS (Pega), and other various systems