Story Behind the Need
• Project: To support the trade floor for Global fixed income. There will be 2 shifts, first one starts at 6:30am-7am and second shift starts at 8:30pm-9pm.
• Summary: Role is based on ION/MMI applications for fixed income trading. Teams are located in Singapore and UK. This resource will deal with traders and support these applications. Will also participate in testing. It’s 70% support work and 30% work on projects.
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience within Capital Markets (specifically fixed income trading on ION/MMI and supporting traders)
• Experience with SQL and running queries
• Familiarity with Unix/Solaris experience.
• Application support experience
• Experience participating in testing.
• Experience working on ION/MMI applications
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required