Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology
• We are part of the Global Derivatives and Structured Products technology team, who’s responsible of designing, developing and maintain the in-house built Over-The-Counter derivatives trading and risks platform in global wholesale banking.
• Project: will be working on ‘Peak’ in-house OTC derivative platform and working closely with development team. Testing and final product delivery
• Reason for request: additional support needed on team for project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Great opportunity to work on a global platform which will be used by client users worldwide.
Typical Day in Role:
• The role is responsible for overseeing the development and day to day operations of the Trade Management processes as it pertains to the Bank’s derivatives trading platform.
• Supporting the Front to back office trading lifecycle while also gathering requirements and planning out the ongoing evolution of the system. This involves:
o Providing support to the Business and prioritizing deliverables with front and middle office teams to plan out monthly sprints.
o Excellent time and relationship management will be required to manage upcoming deliverables and user expectations for each release.
o The result of which must be articulately communicated to the Development team and outlined in JIRA tickets.
o Requirements gathering and documentation for existing and new processes/systems developed within Trade Management stream.
o This encompasses BA, Dev and User inputs to flesh out documentation which can then be stored and shared via Confluence.
o Requirements gathered for new initiatives will also have to be stored in JIRA tickets on a per issue/feature/change basis.
o Creating Test Cases and fully running through scenarios to ensure results match up with business expectations and that releases are bug free.
o Typical production releases are conducted once per month on Friday night, which will occasionally require the applicant to stay late to conduct post implementation checks and provide updates/support for downstream systems.
• Gather business requirements from capital markets and treasury users across font, middle and back offices
• Analyze business requirements, and provide system designs and solutions with consideration of pros and cons
• Translate system solutions into development specification
• Design and execute test cases to meet business expectations
• Drive communications between users and developers
• Prioritize initiatives with consideration of system component interdependency
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of capital markets experience –
• Knowledge of derivative products in rates, equities, forex and credit in capital markets space (proven through recent relevant experience)
• Understand full software design, development and test cycles (proven through recent relevant experience)
• Excellent data analysis skills including SQL commands (minimum 5 years’ running commands)
• Good communication skills who can describe complex business and system concepts in a clear and efficient way
Nice to have:
• Experience in capital market front office trade booking and risk systems
• Nice to have previous migration project experience in capital markets and/or treasury space
• Hand-on experience in MarkitWire, WSS FX, or other vendor derivatives platforms preferred
• Unix / Shell Scripting experience is nice to have
• Excellent time management skills in a fast pace environment
• Ability to lead project initiatives both in a small team setting and independently
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, or Finance
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: 1st with HM + additional team member for 2nd IV through MS Teams (Video)
• Interview Availability: ASAP
• The position will act a middle-man between business and technology teams – will translate information in technical terms for developers.
• Strong technical knowledge is required to effectively communicate to technological team.
• Will also be involved in doing development work and migration work.
• Role is focused on K2 Peak Platform (the old platform is being phased out) but the new platform is more user interactive – both Peak and K2 are in production in parallel (some functionalities are available in both platforms) – trying to decommission the old platform
• Trade bookings and trade management system booking is the main function that the system and BSA will be focused on
• Contractor may have ad hoc work (less than 15% of the time) and may need to work on the data lake