Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GWRT Data Management group mandate is to maintain and enhance the Consolidated Transaction Repository (CTR), a centralized data hub for end-of-day capital markets transaction and position data. This data is normalized and fed downstream to various consumers for reporting (chiefly risk, but also some regulatory).
• Project: This candidate will be focused on a project related to the acquisition of new accounting-related data and integration into existing trading/transaction data for the purposes of reconciliation of that data to the general ledger. The trading data in question is specifically for Securities Financing transaction (SFTs, i.e. Securities Borrowing & Lending/Repos). The candidate would be expected to be the key resource for the CTR team on this task, gathering requirements, and documenting any new processes required within CTR as part of the project, and working with the CTR development team on any new code required within CTR for implementation. They would also be responsible for arranging testing within CTR, as well as working with the Project PM in coordinating with any outside affected teams to enable their own testing. The project will also involve a dedicated contract developer and QA tester as well as the aforementioned PM.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring stakeholders communication with the IT team is streamlined.
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborates with business partners, sometimes including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
• Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
• Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
• Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
• Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives
• Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
• Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, development, mining proven through recent project experience (Minimum 1 -3)
• Strong knowledge/experience of databases, ETL Frameworks
• 5 + years’ experience in reading, writing, generating SQL queries
• Streaming Architecture principles
• Experience/knowledge of Kafka Streaming, Elastic Search, Kibana (ELK stack)
• Project experience with capital markets data initiatives
• Experience creating Source To Target mapping, data specifications etc.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a finance-related field (Economics, Finance, etc) or technical (Computer Science, Engineering etc)
• Knowledge of Spark SQL, Apache NiFi
• MBA (or equivalent Master’s degree)
• Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)