Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications group maintains web and mobile applications for small retail banking customers and are working on upgrading compliance items for one of the banks Retail Mobile applications.
• Project: The group has started a new project, focused on a regulatory compliance upgrade for one of the banks Retail Mobile applications and requires a strong BSA to coordinate technical requirements to the business.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a truly agile environment while utilizing a mobile first approach. The project will also give the contractor an opportunity to gain visibility to the bank, with a high chance of extension upwards of 1 year.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
• Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc, whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
• Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
• Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
• Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
• Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
• Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 4 + years’ BSA experience working on challenging IT System projects
• 4 + years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
• Strong technical acumen required – understanding of Mobile and Web Applications and understanding of how queries are written
• Good communication and teamwork skills to work with multiple groups across the bank, gathering requirements
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required