Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWMS – Customer Relationship Management
• Project: Converting an old CRM (Oracle on Demand) legacy system to Salesforce for the Dynamic Funds Business Line used to sell mutual funds.
• Reason for request: Backfill for BA contractor, a part of dynamic funds project.
Candidate Value Proposition
• Exposure to the financial industry through a project that touches on the asset management section of finance. Exposure to a cutting-edge Salesforce system FSC (Financial Service Cloud).
Typical Day in Role
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Increase operating efficiency and produce high quality technical solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5-10 years of experience required with Salesforce- specifically configuration
• 2+ years of experience with data integrations into Salesforce
• Working knowledge of Data Loader processes
• Experience with a Salesforce project from start to finish
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Some leadership qualities used to relay innovative ideas and present solutions to the project team
Best vs Average:
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Degrees or certifications:
• Minimum 2 Salesforce certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field is a nice to have
• They a looking for a Business Systems Analyst who is a strong communicator. Someone who is curious and ambitious in the salesforce space.
• Would prefer candidates that have had longer contracts as they need to know a Salesforce project from start to finish.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 rounds of interviews with possible skills testing