Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: GWMS – Portfolio Management team is responsible for driving the technology solution implementations to support the bank’s wealth portfolio management business.
• Project: The successful candidate will be expected to provide support for multiple projects/initiatives. This team is undertaking a major modernization initiative providing an exciting opportunity for those who are willing to gain invaluable work experience in wealth technology.
• Reason for request: Maternity leave coverage for employee.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on major modernization initiatives related to portfolio management at one of the Big Five Banks in Canada.
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders to analyze business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into proper systems requirement specifications
• Working on multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to users
• The business analyst specialist will demonstrate skills in relationship building and is able to coordinate work among other business analysts and delivery teams
• Performs any necessary documentation activities required to support the specific business requirements and projects
• Performs any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities and documents information flows to support specific business requirements
• Work on incidents from the wealth advisors related to the supported wealth applications
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Over 5+ years of technical BA experience
• Good experience with database (e.g. Oracle, SQL)
• Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum)
• Wealth technology experience is an asset
• Experience with wealth management applications (Charles River, PortfolioAid) is an asset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
• Proven relationship management skills
• Previous wealth management experience is highly desirable
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• SQL certification is an asset
• Business analysis certification is an asset
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format
• 1 hour video interview with panel – HM & 1-2 Senior BA’s
• Interviews to take place on first week of January