Story Behind the Need:
• The Global Technology Services (GTS) Tools and Monitoring group’s mandate is to provide insight to critical applications through the integration of real-time monitoring tools for our key Business Platforms with the goal of improving mean time to detect, automating response coordination, preventing impacts, and reducing mean time to resolve. Team plays an integral role in building automation solutions and providing steady state support of critical environments. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Technical Business Analyst will contribute to the overall success of the Global Event Management System within GTS.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within client. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from the actuarial team and diverse industry leaders from various business lines.
Typical Day in Role:
• Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will contribute to the overall success of the Global Event Management System within GTS. This includes:
o You will work with business and development resources to design and document requirements and solutions to meet the business and project needs with a focus on the migration of the current response coordination tool to the new solution.
o Ensuring migration activities, training program and rollout strategy are executed and delivered in support of the project’s deliverables and objectives; and
o Ensuring all activities conducted are within compliance of governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
o Hosting workshops with stakeholders to gather requirements for the creation of Business Requirements Documents & Functional Requirements Documents.
o You will be the focal point between the business & technical teams; and adept at constantly following up and tracking the status of the project to bring the team back on track, or escalate, if needed.
o Write clear and concise defect report and work as an empathetic advocate for the customer’s quality experience; plus, triage and prioritize defects for remediation, with the GEMS team.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
• 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience as a Business Systems Analyst on Enterprise Applications (e.g. ServiceNow Notify, PagerDuty, Confluence)
• Working knowledge on the following ServiceNow modules: Incident and/or Problem and/or Change and/or Workflows and/or Service Request or IT Operations Management (ITOM)
• Experience with change management, enterprise training and rollout strategies
• Experience in both Agile and traditional Waterfall SDLC methodologies
• Experience with translating high-level business requirements into technical requirements, user stories, and design documents
• Certification with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®)
• Previous experience with Banking/FI
• You can demonstrate excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills. In addition, you possess good relationship skills
• You can demonstrate strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1st round interview – Panel including Senior Manager and Solutions Architect (30 minutes)
• 2nd round interview – Panel including Director and Project Manager (30 minutes)