• The Investment Platform Technology group focuses on investment products within Canadian Banking Technology and is looking for a strong candidate who enjoys working in an agile environment and is comfortable working with both technical and business partners to ensure projects and releases are delivered within project timeline.
• The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer requests.
Reason For Need:
• To support an critical project delivery.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance agile environment with a good chance of extension and long-lasting growth within the bank
Typical Day In The Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies .
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division’s business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 10 + years’ experience of Business Systems Analyst / Logic Skills
• 5 + years’ experience of Data Analysis Skills –reading and writing SQL queries independently, data mapping and query the current system to understand the challenges
• 5 + years of experience creating BRD, user stories, data mapping
• 2+ years of experience with User Story creation and Agile experience
• Understanding of WebServices with XML and JASON knowledge
Nice To Have Skills:
• Previous client experience is a PLUS
• 2+ years of Investment product knowledge and experience (familiar with GICs, Mutual funds, registered plans, Wealth Management
• Good business analytical skills
• Good communication skills to work with the business and the technology teams; in order to have strong understanding of technical requirements to translate requirements
• 1-2 Rounds with Senior Manager and SME