Story Behind the Need:
• The FCRMT – Application Development group is seeking a BSA for an immediate backfill for multiple moving workstreams within the groups OSFI, FINTRACT and AML programs.
• Project: The group is supporting PCMLTFA ongoing program (data retention/aggregation).
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended or converted on permanently with good performance all while gaining valuable experience at a big 5 Canadian bank.
• This candidate will also be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies at one of the most forward thinking financial institutions in Canada.
• The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications. Job
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Must Have Skills:
• 8 + years’ BSA experience within Financial Industry
• 5 + years’ reading, writing and creating SQL queries
• Strong Data Analysis and Data Profiling experience
• Excellent communication skills to work with multiple business lines
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions A high level of interpersonal
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Nice to have skills:
• Data modelling skills is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred 8-10 years experience required
• 1 step Interview process (through Microsoft Teams)
• Most of role will be focused on analysis of data and creating workflows for current PCLMFTA project scope