Reason for request:
• Resource needed to complete project deliverables on time.
• The Data Management and Quality team is responsible for Enterprise Data Quality Governance and Issue Management activities throughout the Enterprise.
• Our mandate is to enable and establish a culture of Data Governance by continued measurement, monitoring and controls applied throughout the data lifecycle.
• The main function of the Technical Business Analyst role is to support administration and data governance activities, support operational activities, projects and new initiatives, testing and operationalization of data solutions related to strategic goals of the team.
• This role ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with enterprise data standards, policies and procedures.
Your Business Line:
• Data Project Office – This group is responsible for Data Management, Data Quality and Issue Management, Data Governance & Reporting.
Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary : The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Support Data Quality and Issue Management (DQIM) activities and Data Governance processes with high level of customer satisfaction
• Support user access management to Enterprise DQIM applications and Enterprise Dashboards and perform data analysis activities to support Data Quality efforts across the Enterprise
• Provides input to end-to-end data flows and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
• Performs any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities and documents information flows to support specific business requirements
• Performs data analysis and communicates results in support of data quality processes
• Builds the metadata model and business glossary by gathering information from multiple sources: business users, existing data sources, databases and other relevant documents and systems
• Participates in knowledge transfer within the team and business units and identifies and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Assesses, researches, analyzes, and documents project needs and outcomes by selecting the appropriate information gathering and/or modelling technique to elicit requirements
• Liaising with multiple stakeholders from various business lines
• Prior experience with Collibra and understanding of Industry Data Quality process and practices
• Understanding of data components and can trace data elements at origination and as they move between systems including any transformations
• Strong business acumen, data analysis, metadata documentation, and data quality controls skills specifically with respect to analyzing business process controls, sourcing and provisioning of lineage, and identifying data quality issues and proposing remediation steps
• Very detail oriented and skilled in summarizing and gleaning insights from large amounts of information
• Self-motivated to solve problems and able to work collaboratively with other team members
• Strong oral and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences
• Understanding of data concepts (metadata, data mapping, data quality, data modeling, etc.)
• General understanding of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
• Knowledge of computer programming and system architecture concepts
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
• At least 5 years of prior work experience as a Technical Business Analyst
• Strong math, analytical, and business knowledge – technical education background, majoring in fields that require a high degree of analytical skills, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics or related
• At least 3-5 years of experience with Collibra and understanding of Industry Data Quality process and practices
• At least 2-5 years of prior hands on experience with programming language. (Python or Java)
• Experience with relational database (SQL) or NoSQL storage systems. Able to navigate between databases, basic queries.
• . Good knowledge of business analysis processes and frameworks with experience documenting process and data flows using tools like Microsoft Visio and IBM Blueworks.
• Good knowledge of Excel for data management, calculations and data cleaning
Nice to have:
• Prior experience with data migration projects will be an asset
• Some knowledge of enterprise uses of data and general data flows within a large enterprise.
• Substantive knowledge of tools and software used to extract and analyze data
• Qualifications: Strong technical education background, majoring in fields that require a high degree of analytical skills, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics or related
Candidate Review & Selection Process:
• 1 Round Telephone Screen
• 2nd Round – Video technical interview with Sr Manager of Data Quality and Reporting and team members – Panel Interview