Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Canadian Digital Banking – Engineering
• Project: Canadian Digital Banking – Engineering is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to be the bridge between multiple parties including: our business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit. We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader.You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to client customers
Reason for request:
• Backfill/Mat Leave/Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to the complex banking and financial business logic through working across and with a number of different teams.
• This position does have the potential for leadership opportunities down the road based on performance.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
• Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc, whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
• Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
• Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
• Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
• Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
• Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution environment
• 5+ years of experience with REST API
• 3+ Hands on experience with web application related projects
• Detail Oriented
Nice to have:
• Engineering or Computer science degree is nice to have
• Banking experience is preferred
• Detail Oriented. You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
• Self – Motivated. You do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
• Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone’s speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
• Multi-tasker. You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
• Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
Degrees or certifications:
• Ideally, you have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skill
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process