Story Behind the Need:
• The Global Employee Access and Provisioning group is seeking a Systems Support Analyst / Business Systems Analyst to assist with Unix based applications run internally at the bank with provisioning and troubleshooting, among others things.
• The successful candidate will be a forward thinker who is able to handle many moving parts.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended or converted on permanently with good performance.
• In addition to gaining experience with a top global bank while working with the most disruptive and emerging technologies will working with more freedom to create, develop and get out to market as compared to the competition. Career development is very important for this group and the bank – additional trainings are provided and encouraged as part of the career development aspect within this role.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Candidate will assign themselves a certain number of tickets daily and it would be their responsibility to complete those said tickets
• Could be reaching out via email about a previous ticket on reoccurring issues and troubleshoot issues
• Be involved in the rotation monitoring the incident tickets coming in – related to troubleshooting, login issues, etc. and work through those issues with the user
• The candidate will be provisioning, troubleshooting, and when they do have leftover time there are some projects on the side that they will be working on
• Writing shell scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task
• Creating AD objects and manipulating properties
• Liaises with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff Personal
• Database administering
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 3+ years of experience with Linux and other UNIX/Linux environments
• 3+ years of experience with Active Directory
• 2+ years of experience with Scripting
• Experience with VI Editor – demonstrated by work in recent projects
Nice to have Skills:
• ServiceNow experience is a plus
• Experience working with Database (Oracle/Sybase)
• Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Director, VP level and up)
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Education and Certifications:
• Diploma / post secondary degree
• Red Hat certifications are preferred