Story Behind the Need:
• Global Wealth Management Systems groups’ Wealth Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) team works on Big Data/ Hadoop technologies and are responsible for ingesting data from multiple data sources within Wealth and outside and transforming the data in a Wealth Data Model that will serve as repository for reporting and analytics.
• The Wealth EDL team is currently involved in fulfilling the requirements for AML regulatory needs and the current focus of the team is to meet the AML requirements of Name scanning, CRR, Transaction Monitoring and MIS Reporting. To meet this objective, we are seeking a Senior Technical Business Systems Analyst who will play an important part in the team and help the team achieve the desired goal. The project is already in flight and is anticipated to go on till the end of FY21.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Large, high-visibility program for Canada’s biggest international bank
• Opportunity to work with newer technology stacks
Typical Day in Role:
• Contributes towards identifying, documenting and mapping sources for existing data as well as new data sources. Very good understanding of databases and writing complex queries
• Provide ad hoc data queries or reports to the business for analysis using variety of query tools
• Evaluation of data identified from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and classification of data in logical categories
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development
• Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
• Participate in Sprint planning and estimation efforts to implement the user story
• Work with the team members in the team and other analytics team members to understand business data and analytics objectives and help create reports using BI tools
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years’ experience in technical system analysis in wealth management/ financial industry
• 5+ years’ experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories
• Advanced skills using Excel spreadsheet and VBA (Highly analytical and good understanding of databases, technical architecture and query tools) – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Experience gathering requirements (will need to interface with Business Partners & Stakeholders – should be able to connect and communicate well with them), system analysis and creating technical specifications – 5+ years of experience
• Ability to effectively convey ideas to business and technical teams – 5+ years of hands on experience
• Experience working in Agile/ Lean delivery teams- 3+ years
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of Data Lake or Big Data technologies
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills (will be gathering requirements from Business Partners and Stakeholders)
• Ability to adapt and quickly adjust to change
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Should be a team player and work collaboratively
• Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.