Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Digital Client Services group is working on an ongoing Digital Wealth migration and is searching for a Business Systems Analyst that will be the primary facilitator between the developers and the business line an in Agile environment.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining a new project focused on migrating existing client Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to champion inclusive design and accessibility across Global Wealth Management to envision and design accessible digital experiences and interactions for Wealth Management clients.
Typical Day in the Role
• The Digital Accessibility Specialist will They will provide technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination and support to agile Global Wealth teams with a focus on promoting, assessing and maintaining inclusive design and web accessibility principles and techniques in Global Wealth Management’s digital products.
• Work directly with agile teams to create a vision of accessible and inclusive customer journeys and/or interactions
• Coach and guide agile team members (designers, engineers, product owners, QA) on web accessibility principles, best practices and technical implementation techniques (such as clear stories and requirements)
• Provide direction, training, expertise and feedback to build digital accessibility capacity within various teams and roles across Global Wealth.
• Coach and guide teams through manual and automated Accessibility testing and remediation techniques and methods.
• Conduct manual testing and audits when necessary to identify areas with accessibility deficiencies
• Be the accessibility technical subject matter authority for user interface experiences, monitoring trends and research to identify best practices.
• Establish guidelines for accessibility standards and requirements, and help establish a process with oversight and governance so accessibility is deeply embedded in the product development cycle in the future
• Find opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers in our current products and processes to positively impact the user experience for users with disabilities and to drive the appropriate changes across the product life cycle
• Implement and evolve accessibility development and testing processes, methodology, tools and criteria.
• Engage thoughtfully, collaboratively and diplomatically with the engineering and business teams to identify the right support needed to drive accessibility efforts.
• Work closely with other accessibility, design and usability specialists within client, and maintain a strong connection with accessibility leadership in the bank.
• Actively participates and contribute to the Design Community of Practice
Must Have Skills
• 3 – 5 years of significant web accessibility experience, with recent positions focusing on updated accessibility standards and principles.
• 3 + years’ experience with front-end technologies including limitations and constraints, as it relates to digital accessibility for mobile and responsive web applications.
• 3 + years’ experience using accessibility testing techniques for automated and manual testing procedures.
• High Level of awareness and passion of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility, proven through work accomplishments, group memberships or certifications.
• Clear, concise communication skills to clearly articulate accessibility standards to multiple business and development channels.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required