Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Digital Payments
• Project: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Digital Payments is seeking 2 Business Systems Analysts to provide hands on support to deliver the SigFig initiative. This is a Sr. BSA role in a microservices development team (Agile), the candidate needs to have deep knowledge of REST AP’s/microservices and will be working directly with API developers on a day to day basis, lead the requirements gathering by talking to Product Owners/other upstream/downstream teams, and other delivery activities:
o Primarily supporting SigFig but other support as well
o New integration where they are integrating with new downstream services or API’s
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank with the opportunity for extension
• The candidate will be working with client digital on the latest tech stack – extremely fast paced, forward thinking and constantly changing environment
• Opportunity to work on the project at a business level and have insight and input into overall project deliverables
Typical Day In Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
• Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, etc. to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
• Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
• Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
• Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with clientbank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution environment.
• 5-7+ years of hands on experience with REST API’s/microservices
• 5+ years of experience in an agile environment – agile / lean evangelist
• Comfortable creating BSA artificats – user stories, sequence diagrams, etc
• Banking experience
• Experience in scrum master / delivery lead capacity
• Detail Oriented. You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
• Self – Motivated. You do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
• Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone’s speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
• Multi-tasker. You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
• Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
Degrees Or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 15-20 min chat with HM and Candidate
• Next Step – Hour long with BSA’s on team – behavioral and some technical
• 60-70% of day would be core BSA activities
• Other time would be coordinating and planning with other groups and departments on overall project deliverables