Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Quantitative Trading Solutions group manages all technology for electronic trading for the bank.
• Project: This team of 10 developers manage and maintain their in-house trading system that is written primarily in C++. With demand increases, the team is searching for a dynamic developer who is willing to learn and grow within the many facets of the fast pace trading world.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a group of developers that build, maintain, support and test all their own codes. The coding style is unique in this department and will give the candidate an opportunity to approach development with an out of the box algorithmic program integrating in house solutions to solve complex trading problems for front and back offices.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 0-2 years’ development experience with C++
• 0-2 years’ development experience with Java
• Ability to translate technical requirements to business through excellent communication skills. Proven ability to interact with various business lines, including front office traders – 9/10 or 10/10 required (clear, concise and understandable to non-technical staff)
• Previous trading experience is a plus
• Experience with trading platforms: Portware or Streambase is a plus
• Previous FI experience is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required