Story Behind the Need:
• This GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end application of there in house-built trading platform.
• The CAMRA Project will be focused on decommissioning a legacy application and building new strategic workflows for the bank.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Able to read and write SQL queries as needed
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience working as Business Analyst within Capital Markets industry – specifically with Derivative project is highly preferred 2. 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL queries (MS SQL, SQL, PL/SQL OR Sybase) 3. Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
Nice to have skills:
•System exp. with derivative technology is preferred and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred