Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Finance & Risk Technology group manages the global finance and risk for the bank. They lead the strategic initiatives and ensure that stakeholders are engaged with the culture and direction set on a global scale.
• Project: This role will make significant contributions to change and embedding of a culture of continuous improvement across the enterprise. The Change Manager will have knowledge and experience supporting/managing large scale organizational change. This role will be responsible for supporting training and communication strategies in order to drive change within the organization.
• The successful Change Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of the industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the business partners supported. The position requires expert understanding of technologies, project management, change management, facilitation and communication. The Specialist will have excellent skills in building relationships and general project management including various methodologies i.e. Agile
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high performing team in the bank that sets the precedent for the culture that the bank is leading towards. Engaging and fulfilling, this resource will have the opportunity to leave a large presence and impact on the work that is achieved.
Typical Day in Role
• Supporting the establishment of a culture of continuous improvement
Contribute to opportunities to drive coaching and mentoring to accelerate and optimize performance across the enterprise
o Participate in the definition and implementation of a measurement framework across the enterprise to enable analysis and insights on effectiveness, productivity and quality of Project and Program Deliverable’s
o Participate in the establishment of a communication plan that articulates key transformation strategies and how to enable the transformation journey
o Participate in the development of communication and executive presentations that are part of the transformation and articulating the value to the organization
o Establish strong partnering relationships with internal stake holders, and help to articulate strategic recommendations in line with corporate priorities and technology blueprint initiatives
• Proactively identify key project issues with the potential to impact project objectives and lead the team in developing creative/alternative solutions to mitigate the risk and satisfactorily address the issues in a timely and cost-effective manner
• The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills to help ensure all initiatives maintain momentum against the background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities.
• Ongoing communication with internal stakeholders, executive and line of business to provide monthly updates of the status of the change initiative implementation. Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverable’s, tools and finders for use in future projects
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5-7 years’ experience managing large complex projects, that have significant IT and operational components and follow highly metric based system.
• The individual requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: Make presentations to various groups; deal with all levels of line management up to the VP (individually or in committee); participate in meetings involving diverse Bank organizations and management levels; and dealing with vendors/consultants.
• Strong technology and business knowledge is required in order to facilitate training ‘boot camps’ that are valuable for all employees across the enterprise.
• He/she must have an excellent ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach.
• Spanish speaking is a plus
• Change Management Certifications from PMI office or training is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Art, Writing, English, Journalism or Creative Writing