Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: GTS – Operations & Engineering is seeking a Private Cloud Core Engineer to lead the migration of 400 private cloud migration – execution phase, anticipated to go till Aug 2021 (maintenance afterwards, additional work afterwards).
• The team: Global Technology Services (GTS) is accountable for planning, engineering and 24×7 operations of all global infrastructure supporting client. We deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Our services include architecture, engineering and operational support of our networks, systems and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 client employees. GTS is a team of over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, with our primary locations in Toronto and Mexico City.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
Typical Day in the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Cloud Services, you will…
• You will onboard and manage new cloud services in the private and public cloud, Vrealize , Azure and GCP.
• You will manage & automate Cloud services life cycle aspects (monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, HA/DR requirements).
• You are not adverse in providing Level 3 support & vendor escalations for management tools and Cloud Services.
• You excel in the development of technical documentation of configuration and operational procedures for service operations teams (build & runbooks) & technical specifications.
• You can contribute to implementation planning.
• Broad knowledge with Storage, networking and hyperconverged platforms (Nutanix and Dell)
• Linux and Windows Administration & AD skills
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• SQL (automations related to SQL and building new templates for new SQL server 2019) – 3+ years of hands on experience- must be recent***
• You have at least 5+ years of hands-on working experience in the use of Configuration Management & Automation tools (Ansible or SaltStack).
• You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working experience in the use of CI/CD Tools (Git, Jenkins, etc…).
• You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Scripting (PowerShell & Python).
• You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both Microsoft Windows Server 2012/16 administration and Red Hat Linux administration 7.X.
• You possess excellent communication (verbal/written (technical documentation)/presentation) skills to both a business and technical audience.
• You also possess excellent customer relationship skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
• hands-on technical working experience with VMware vRealize Automation Suite 7.x.
• hands-on technical working experience with VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
• Hands-on technical working experience with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies and operational experience.
• Windows or SQL Certification
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream or equivalent