About the Role:
• Reporting to Chief Operating Officer, the Cloud Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of managing client’s Cloud Services.
• Fundamental to your efforts will be acting and making decisions based on our core values:
• Passion – we love what we do
• Integrity – we do what we say
• Excellence – we always make it better
• Innovation – we envision, build, and deliver
• Expertise – we understand what you need
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Included in managing Cloud Services are software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, service desk, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
• Ensure timely liaison with vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements.
• Create and maintain Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services strategies throughout the enterprise, ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed.
• Oversees and directs the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new software products, tools, and related appliances pertaining to the Cloud environment.
• Lead large complex infrastructure projects/programs with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties.
• Support DevOps automation teams using tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, GIT.
• Work with 3rd party Cloud and CDN Providers such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, and/or Akamai.
• Standard Infrastructure Experience: Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Backups, and Disaster Recovery.
• Be a proven problem solver and innovator to work through blockers & challenges to see something through.
• Proven track record of designing and implementing operational processes that enable the team in a quick, clean, programmatic way.
• Exceptional decision-making, critical thinking, problem-solving and process improvement ability.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously.
• Drive to see initiatives through from start to finish in a complex, matrixed environment.
• Proven relationship-building skills necessary to collaborate and disseminate information across multiple organizational functions.
• Strong communicator with demonstrated success in clearly and persuasively communicating complex or sensitive business issues to senior management.
• 5+ years of IT Service Management, data center, server, storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management are recommended.
• 5+ years experience working as an Operations Manager with demonstrated success in operating mission-critical enterprise software services. Experience launching new services and teams a plus.