• Client, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, enterprise risk, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 8,000 people in 50 offices. Our professional services are diverse — from forensic accounting, control assurance, security services, risk management, strategy consulting and enterprise applications, including Oracle, SAP, Cognos, technology services to indirect tax, accounting, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and personal tax and financial planning. But they all have one thing in common: helping our clients excel.
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
• Analyze requirements surrounding business applications, data, data dictionaries, and reporting/analytics.
• Conduct data analysis to validate business processes
• Responsible for designing and developing dashboards or other visualizations.
• During design, considers balance of data delivery and data availability
• Develop and present technical concept alternatives to Business Analyst and business team
• Serve as a technical and / or functional project lead as appropriate
• Creation of report package to manage the access to information needs of the business in a flexible but secure environment.
• Help resolve issues that arise from multiple development teams working on complex designs
• Adhere to technology organization’s technical design and documentation standards and conform to applicable architectural standards
• Provide input into project / resource estimating activities
• Implement communication and knowledge sharing process for team members
• 5+ years of experience within data warehousing, business intelligence, enterprise reporting and dashboards
• 2+ years of experience as a business intelligence / report developer IBM using Cognos
• A university degree with mix of technical and business discipline or equivalent school and work experience
• Understanding of best practice systems implementation
• Detail oriented with passion for technical quality and client service excellence
• Ability to build strong client and peer relationships while working in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills