Selling Points of Position:
• Coordinating a variety of events, exposure to various teams and groups, high visibility from management
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• Virtual event management experience, webex, internal and external events, corporate large enterprise experience preferred
• How will performance be measured: Stakeholder feedback and deliverables
• Responsible for planning and executing on diverse internal and external events, meetings, conferences, stakeholder events and programs.
• Act as key consultant to the business on all aspects of event planning in support of and integrated with the business strategy.
Key Accountabilities: Customer
• Responsible for the end-to-end process of event planning and execution including budget management, program management and relationship management of mid-scale internal and external events including industry conferences.
• Program management for all mid-scale internal and external events and industry conferences, developing comprehensive critical path documents, budgets, project plans, communications plans to effectively and efficiently deliver high quality events.
• Work closely with business partners to understand event objectives and deliver high quality events.
• Lead project meetings to support the planning and execution of events.
• Plan and support the delivery of events organized and ensure alignment with business strategy and client brand.
• Monitor and understand industry trends, identify issues and opportunities and provide recommended action to appropriate stakeholders, gather, integrate information/research and interpret existing views of the target audience to support the development of future events.
• Ensure that the client brand is incorporated and protected during the events organized.
• Participate in evaluating the effectiveness of the planned event after execution; compile and analyse feedback from various internal and other attendees and partners.
• Work with Senior Event Manager on components of the larger-scale events.
Key Accountabilities: Shareholder
• Ensure events and programs are well managed, meet business needs, comply with internal and external requirements and align with business priorities.
• Manage budget development and execution for related events.
• Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriate.
• Have knowledge of practices and procedures within own area of responsibility and keep abreast of emerging trends for own business and functional area.
• Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts.
Key Accountabilities: Employee/Team:
• Support the team by continuously enhancing knowledge for own area of expertise and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit.
• Keep current on emerging trends and developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques.
• Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team.
• Contribute to the success of the team by assisting others in the completion and performance of work activities; provide training, coaching and/or guidance as appropriate.
Breadth and Depth:
• Experienced working event planning professional role providing specialized business services, advisory or processes/program support within their own area of specialty.
• Requires experiences, conceptual and practical knowledge within their own specialty and knowledge of broader related areas.
• Conducts event planning research and provides insights to drive recommendations/solutions for event planning.
• Applies best practices to implement process, product or service improvements.
• Accountable for own work and provides support to more junior roles; acts as an escalation point or knowledge resource for others in their own area.
• Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results.
• Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications, designations, or equivalent preferred
• 5+ years relevant experience in event management
• Experience in virtual event management preferred
• Webex – 2 yrs
• Virtual event management experience – 2yrs
• Event management – 5 years
Nice to have:
• Large enterprise experience