• Reporting to the Associate vice-president employee Engagement, Communications and Learning, the Manager Communications will be responsible for developing and delivering project-driven communications plans being led by the Risk Management team to other stakeholders throughout the Bank
• Provide project teams with communications support and counsel for business priorities and create integrated communications strategies and plans to support them.
• Collaborate with Business Partners to support initiatives to enhance overall employee engagement through management of risk-wide employee communication, employee experience programs and initiatives.
• Ensure plans, content and strategies align with Risk business objectives, Corporate and Public Affairs and Human Resources.
• Support the Employee Engagement, Communication and Learning team as required
• 5-7+ yrs exp. in Communications & employee experience from a large org. matrix (i.e. employee engagement, communications for senior execs, engaging with employees, event org, planning end to end, run conferences and build PowerPoint presentations for events)
• Fully rounded communications exp. (i.e. Not just a writer; may need to draft a video script; Have all skill sets to attend project meetings and understand how it ties into strategy)
• Exp. working on multiple projects, and different tasks (i.e. Approx. 5 projects, must wear different hats; this is not just writing for a program)
• Advanced PowerPoint (able to produce presentations in graphics; create, edit, talk notes)
• Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Liberal Arts, Business, or a related field
• Able to provide writing samples
Nice to Have:
• Exp. working on change related projects(tools and process change); A new way of doing things; there will be change leads but they should just understand the basic concepts
• Exp. from banking industry
• Strong team player; edit and review docs with the team; ask others if they need help
• Well-developed communication skills that include strong writing and editing skills, with track record of developing influential, creative and clear communications materials.
• Demonstrated experience in internal communications and employee engagement.
• Experience providing communications counsel to business partners providing an understanding of today’s communications landscape, best practices and presentation skills and approaches.
• Strong collaboration and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, with an ability to drive results independently.
• Adaptable, deadline-driven, result-oriented; a strong ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines.
• Energetic individual who thrives in a changing environment, often with changing and competing priorities.