• The Global Compliance Department is responsible for overseeing Regulatory Compliance across client in accordance with the Global Compliance Framework. This includes ensuring that businesses are aware of the legislation under which they are governed, and providing advice and support as required. The team is also accountable for promoting regulatory compliance by developing and maintaining compliance programs, including relevant training, carrying out independent monitoring and oversight activities and meeting reporting requirements.
• Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compliance, the Manager, Compliance will provide Compliance support to Business Banking businesses, including Commercial, Small Business, client Auto Finance and client Merchant Solutions.
• The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert and provide ongoing advice and support on regulatory compliance and conduct risk matters, including consumer protection (under the federal Bank Act or provincial consumer protection legislation), CDIC, Privacy (including PIPEDA and CASL), Conduct Risk, and OSFI Guidelines. This subject matter expertise is leveraged to execute our Compliance oversight program, elements of which include:
o Regulatory Change Management: Provide input on proposed changes to regulatory requirements or guidelines and serve as subject matter expert as those changes are implemented across client; Assess emerging regulatory or industry risks and recommend policy and/or action to the business;
o Maintain Inventory of Requirements: Maintain inventories of the regulatory requirements applicable to the business, assess the risks of each requirement, and work with business partners to map corresponding controls to mitigate those risks;
o Preventive Guidance: review new products and processes; participate in business-initiated projects and provide advice on regulatory requirements; Provide guidance to the business in establishing day to day regulatory compliance controls; Support the implementation and sustainability of an effective first line oversight program within the business; provide training on regulatory requirements.
o Detective Activities: Detect and mitigate violations of regulatory or internal policy requirements; Independently monitor and assess effectiveness of business regulatory compliance controls; Support regulatory Compliance Department testing and monitoring programs;
o Issue Management: Provide guidance throughout the life cycle of an issue, from detection to resolution; Review business action plans for effectiveness and timely implementation; Report on existing and emerging regulatory compliance issues and risks to Compliance senior management, business senior management, and regulators as required;
o Regulatory Engagement Assist with responding to regulatory examinations and investigations, completing required filings and reporting to regulators;
o Risk Assessment: Assess the overall state the business’ Compliance with regulatory requirements, including the effectiveness of its own Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) program;
o Reporting: Report identified or emerging risks to senior management within Compliance, the business, applicable Boards, and regulators as required.
• 3-4 Yrs of Compliance exp. related to regulatory compliance, legal, or risk mgt.
• Understand regulatory requirements & apply it to business-specific scenarios (candidates selected for an interview will be asked to prepare a written regulatory analysis based on a hypothetical scenario)
• Exp. liaising with stakeholders, including executives, to prepare reports
• Excellent verbal & written communication abilities
Nice To Have:
• Knowledge of Canadian Banking products, policies & processes
• Legal background
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Proactive and motivated, with demonstrated consensus building skills;
• Strong critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to deliver on priorities under tight deadlines;
• Customer experience orientation;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the Bank with superior organizational awareness;Ability to operate in an evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment;