Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Software, Services and Cloud group manages software and cloud third party suppliers on a global scale for the bank.
• Project: The role is accountable for driving and leading the activities tied to the Supplier Life cycle – from per-qualification and on boarding, daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly supplier management and governance activities and including supplier off-boarding.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an evolving group with ample growth opportunity and a flexible environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop strategic partnerships and agreements with providers of IT products and services that provide value to Client.
• Manage the Supplier selection process; Master Contract negotiation; Supplier Service level management; contractual compliance and Supplier termination or renewal. These may be global/enterprise and/or country-based agreements.
• Ensure business process interactions between Client and the service providers are effective and efficient.
• Manage overall IT supplier performance including Contract, Performance, Financial, Relationship and Risk Management.
• Ensure consistent and continuously improving services for Client through the creation, monitoring and enforcement of Service Level Agreements and contractual performance objectives.
• Accountable for managing Supplier scorecard and governance meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify opportunities for IT strategic suppliers to partner with Client to accelerate and achieves Client’s strategic objectives.
• Be accountable for supplier risk & performance management to ensure Client receives maximum value from 3rd-parties and manages risk.
• Monitor and ensure compliance of the supplier agreements to Bank and Regulatory requirements.
• Ensure maintain knowledge on Client’s internal processes and programs to ensure we support our customers in an efficient and effective manner.
• Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders i.e., Finance, Legal, Strategic Sourcing.
• Participate as Subject Matter Expert in Sourcing engagements to deliver “fit-for-purpose” solutions for stakeholders.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years negotiating and managing supplier service level processes
• 5 + years IT supplier performance consistent with Service Level Agreements
• 5 + years’ experience with vendor governance processes
• 5 + years’ working with MS Office Suite: Word (Advanced), Excel (Intermediate), Office365 (Intermediate), PowerPoint (Intermediate)
• Excellent communication skills (10/10) required: ability to clearly communicate SLA’s and negotiate with suppliers through calls, e-mails and meetings
• Software/ Cloud IT experience working with vendor management is a major plus
• Procurement within Software / Cloud IT projects is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required