Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Quantitative Trading Solutions group work on the trading floor and manage US and Canadian stocks and equities. This algorithmic trading group’s main customers are buying pension funds and mutual funds in large quantities.
• Project: The successful candidate will be assigned to an algorithmic product that is maturing and moving to a new software within the next year. This new product is around 50% complete in the SDLC cycle and requires core java development and production support to front line traders.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to cross multiple lines of business as they autonomously develop and support the new algorithmic trading platform for traders and end users.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years Core Java Development (Java 8.0)
• 5 + years production support for Linux or Windows Operating Systems
• Strong communication skills to translate technical requirements to business users
• 5 + years UAT testing
• 2 -4 years’ experience managing SDLC projects using Agile methodology
• Capital markets – algorithmic trading specifically is a big plus and will be prioritized
• Unit Testing experience with Junit is a plus
• Test driven development concepts and understanding is a plus
• Master’s in computer science is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required