Story Behind The Need
• Business group: Global Chart Strategy & Governance and GET Finance
• Project: ACCOUNTING MIGRATION TO PEOPLESOFT.
• Reason for request: New project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a new migration project start to finish. Very new project, will have to opportunity to take initiative.
Typical Day In Role
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 6 years’ experience developing and deploying complex technology
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Data Modeling experience with Agile methodology and familiar with scrum meetings and sprint planning.
• Understand data modeling, metadata knowledge for both structured and non-structured data; familiarity with ER model diagrams and business metadata; familiarity with identification of the data entities, application of the data normalization rules, definition of the primary keys and determination of the data elements relationship.
• Familiarity with ACL/SQL tools for data analysis, data mining, source target mapping, data domain and referential integrity verifications.
• Previous banking/FI experience
• Familiarity with GL systems
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to: presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Best Vs Average:
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools, as well as the following:
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Advanced level in ACL/SAS data scripting experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers; including executives analytical minded skillset
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Degrees Or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round, panel (potential second round if indicated)