Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Finance Data Management Data Services team within Global Finance & Risk Technology (GFRT) provides analytics and support services for Global Finance Initiatives. The Finance Data Management Data Services team supports Financial Close Processes and provide Financial Data Management, Data Analysis, Data Quality and Data Governance services.
• Project: The group needs 1 Data Analyst for a Data Reconciliation project. The Driving force coming from this need is to implement PeopleSoft GL.
• Reason for request: New Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product’s vision.
Typical Day in Role:
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Proficiency using Audit Command Language (ACL) for data scripting experience
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
• 2 + years’ minimum experience data analysis, data mapping, source target mapping with Audit Command Language
• Knowledge of data modeling, metadata knowledge for both structured and non-structured data proven through recent Financial Accounting Data Projects
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to: presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge & experience in accounting and accounting systems is an asset
• Experience with PeopleSoft GL is a plus and will be prioritized
• CPA Certificate is an asset
• Experience working in big 4 accounting firms is an asset
Degree / Certifications:
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
• 1 -2 Microsoft Teams Interviews