Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Global Data & Analytics Solutions is seeking a Data Strategist. The Data Strategist works on our Global Data & Analytics Solutions team with a focus on Enterprise Complaints Management process and responsible for implementing all analytics and reporting related requirements. These capabilities include technical knowledge of BI tools, enterprise customer data and other data assets. You will actively work on data analysis, reporting, and generating insights. You are responsible for championing data driven decisions and presenting findings to stakeholders. You are also responsible for conducting credible analysis using statistically relevant data and producing actionable insights in an easy to interpret final product.
• The contractor being hired for this position will support the implementation of Analytics Requirements for Bill C86, a government mandated enterprise wide initiative
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and will receive exposure to multiple business lines throughout the bank that are affected by this initiative.
Typical Day in the Role:
Conduct regular analysis and reporting by:
• Managing KPIs related to Customer Complaints, conducting regular reporting and trend analysis across all Business Lines
• Produce regular reports (including: quarterly and monthly Executive level Reports for Business Lines, and Self Service Dashboards) for all stakeholders on a timely basis; providing insights and value-added analysis.
• Prepare reports and dashboards to inform strategic decision-making including trending analysis, projections and forecasts utilizing statistical modelling.
• Work closely with the different internal customers to understand their business requirement and provide useful strategic insights to support decision making.
• Support business lines and compliance teams:
• Represent Global Data & Analytics Solutions as a subject matter expert in project meetings with business partners, ascertaining that all reporting and data requirements are flagged, addressed and incorporated
• Design & implement business intelligence assets such as reports, dashboard, and insights to support decision-making processes across the bank.
• Collaborate with the different business areas to provide self-service tools and support their decision-making processes and strategy design.
• Being involved in the definition of business requirements and processes, ensuring that progress can be measured against planned objectives by working with QA Development teams, Compliance teams, and internal partners; performing analysis and completing reports to measure project success and impact to business
Effectively champion data driven decision making:
• Identify and communicate information gaps across business lines to drive alignment on key metrics and reporting; develop plan of action to address and close any gaps
• Develop data elements metrics and indicators to provide insights and drive business value and the ability to respond to requests for ad hoc reports efficiently
• Investigate and become an expert in available data sources of data, transform and determine how they can be interpreted for analysis
• Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers and operational teams to implement quality controls and automate data feeds and report generation.
• Present results to business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes
• Document business processes, reporting requirements communication and metrics definitions
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Mandatory Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years working in data analysis, reporting domain is preferred
• Proven experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. Enterprise Data Warehouse, Unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, SAS, CSV) – 2+ years of hands on experience
• Solid knowledge of Data Analysis or manipulation tools for working with data (e.g., SQL, DB2, MySQL, Python or R) -3+ years of hands on experience
• Experience using and implementing visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau or Qlikview – 2+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with Natural Language Processing a plus
• Knowledge of banking products and experience in the financial sector a plus (Big 5 Banks or client experience preferred)
• Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to interpret and consolidate large amounts of information in actionable recommendations. Uses sound judgment in the creation of analysis, validation, interpretation and presentation of findings.-
• Strong project management and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Self-motivated, driven and impact-oriented
• Ability to manage process and planning, facilitate teamwork and coordinate execution of multiple deliverables.
• University education in Business, Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.