Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Global Data & Analytics Solutions group used to be part of Digital banking, but has now grown within the bank.
• The group has new requests about customer data and sales distraction processes, and with growing demands require a strong Data Analyst to support mostly Canadian banking functionalities.
• Project: The Data Analyst is supporting multiple projects for the group and will need to have a strong understanding of the EDL and business processes.
• Reason for request: New Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product’s vision.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers; including executives analytical minded skillset
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
• 5 + years’ minimum experience data analysis, data mapping, source target mapping into EDL using Hadoop or Hive
• Hands on experience with Web Analytics data – ideally Clickstream Data or similar proven with 1-2 recent projects
• 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL Queries
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to: presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Nice to have:
• Experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
• Digital banking area
• Transactional data
• Experience with building dashboards using Power BI
Degree / Certifications:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
• 50-60% of role will be querying transactional data that is being consumed by analytics by EDL (Hadoop and Hive)
• 40-50% of role would require someone who can work with business stakeholders to ensure data is being defined accurately and can-do proper analysis
• Independent / autonomous to be able to speak to the business*
• Interview Process: 1 -2 Microsoft Teams Interviews (Decision date by July 12th) Timelines: Start Date: July 26th