Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The GTS Technology Operations & Site Reliability Team is working on
an infrastructure refresh program for a complex, multi-terabyte data warehouse.
• Need: The Site Reliability Database Architect within the GTS Technology Operations & Site will be contribute to the design, development and implementation of a variety of initiatives.
• The successful candidate will join a high performance team that manages multiple initiatives and will have a lasting impact on the banks data processes.
• The main function of a Site Reliability Database Architect is to provide database and solution architecture for data applications. The role will entail multiple responsibilities and require a dynamic resource who can support multiple initiatives. DB2 Database experience + design, performance tune and capacity manage at a complex level. The resource will be required to determine ways to automate or improve functionalities of the Database at hand.
• Need to be highly resilient and highly availability –
Typical Day in the Role:
• Provide on-site database and system support. Participate in infrastructure and database designs.
• Design non-functional test strategies. Design and/or recommend monitoring configurations. Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance.
• Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching. Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure.
Must Have Skills:
• 8 + years’ Strong knowledge of DB2 AIX and SQL Databases
• Recent hands on experience with Telemetry methodologies and practices
• 8 + years’ Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
• 3 + years experience supporting agreements, service level objectives, and service level indicators with a proven ability to write excellent technical documentation
• Excellent communication skills to interface with business partners + executives
Nice to have skills:
• FI experience is a plus (to understand the regulations, security protocols) – will speed ramping
• Splunk + Dynatrace to be implemented and to create dashboards
• Previous Client experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required 8-10 years’ experience required