Story Behind the Need:
• Financial Crimes Risk Management Technology is seeking a Data Developer to serve a key role in supporting the planned book of work.
• This candidate will need to be very data focused in terms of past experience and comfortable with many moving parts as they will not be working on one specific project, but rather spreads across the groups needs to support any and all ongoing work required.
• Financial Crimes Risk Management Technology – Application Development focuses on Data development and works primarily on ETL Development.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended or converted on permanently with good performance all while gaining valuable experience at a big 5 Canadian bank.
• This candidate will also be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies at one of the most forward thinking financial institutions in Canada.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource in IBM DataStage and ETL
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience in a similar developer role designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
• 8+ years of experience using IBM DataStage, Hadoop, Hive
• 5+ years of Unix experience
• 5+ years of experience in AML/KYC – this is not necessarily required, but highly preferred
• Exposure to CICD tools such as BitBucket, Jenkins – demonstrated in recent projects
Nice to have Skills:
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Banking experience is highly preferred
• Strong communication skills will really help set this candidate apart
• Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Director, VP level and up)
• Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
• Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 1st round – interview with hiring manager & SME