Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GTS – Technology Operations & Engineering is managing a large scale enhancements to the systems data lakes.
• Need: The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple initiatives on non-relational databases , gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product’s vision.
Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions to optimize, create efficiencies, address root cause incidents or
• Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
• Build and test integration software solutions.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
• Participate in technical meetings with client’s technical specialists.
• Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Provide deployment and post deployment support (Ex. warranty support, command center services, process, review release content and coordinate with clients.
• Operations: Maintain and troubleshoot production & non-production environments including certificate management, patch management. Create and maintain alerts and dashboards, access control management and perform system admin activities. Create deployment and operations guides. Perform NFT testing on the ecosystem to ensure resilience & peak performance.
• L2 Support Services: Restore services within agreed upon SLA. Respond to Major Incidents impacting technical components, seek opportunities for improvement.
• focus on logical support work, like configuration, data management, application performance and tuning, application troubleshooting
Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years’ hands on experience with Big Data software designs, development and operations, specifically Hadoop and Hive
• 5 years’ back end development with Python, Java OR Scala
• 4 + years’ Data ingestion tools such as: Diyotta, Data Stage, MapReduce
• Strong understanding of HDFS and Cloud Services, proven through recent project experience (1-2 Recent projects)
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate code tuning and performance issues to development team
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or a technology related field.
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience with continuous integration
• Financial Industry experience