Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary: The Customer Insights, Data, and Analytics organization at client is focused on building high-value solutions across the bank. Our organization consists of accomplished professionals who blend expertise in computer science, data, machine learning, and banking to deliver innovative projects that drive the business. A key part of success for the group is having scalable, fast, and continuously evolving data processes, and this is the responsibility of the Data Office Data Engineering team. As an integral part of the team, the Data Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of the data pipelines that power advanced and descriptive analytics work.
Candidate value Proposition:
• As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
• At client, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at client; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted
• We have a dynamic work environment that will provide you with exposure to leaders in data & analytics, the opportunity to continuously learn, and support to be innovative.
• Work with business teams across the organization (Canadian Banking, Intl. Banking, Treasury, GBM) to understand their data-driven goals
• Partner with advanced analytics teams to build powerful data assets and processes
• Be the subject matter expert on data driven processes, visualization workflows, and tools with which to analyze data
• Build automated data management and data quality capabilities into projects
• Build re-usable components to scale development across the organization, collaborating with other technical teams to streamline high-value data to the Analytics platforms
• Build re-usable managed datasets for consumption by both revenue generating analytics and operational corporate functions (e.g. finance, risk, etc.)
• Experiment & learn!
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
• At least 7 years of hands on programming experience with tools such as Python, Scala, and /or Java.
• Comfortable working in database environments. (databases like PostgreSQL, HDFS/Hive)
• Familiarity with agile tooling to efficiently build as a team: git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
• High aptitude for diving in and picking up new technologies as required
• At least 5 years of hands on experience building data pipelines
Nice to have:
• Experience in finance is an asset
• Experience with Spark is preferred
• Experience with PostgreSQL, HDFS/Hive, MinIO an asset
• Exposure to Kubernetes, Airflow, Jenkins is an asset
• Familiarity with data management capabilities (data registration, data quality, etc.) and ability to learn advanced data management toolsets
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or relevant experience