• Client is looking for a skilled individual to join their Development team to develop and support reporting solutions using MySQL databases.
• Develop and optimize complex SQL scripts and stored functions to support reporting requests from business users;
• Design and develop ETL process using bash scripting in Linux to automate data loads and extracts from transactional database to the reporting database;
• Investigate reporting/sampling of possible data anomalies;
• Design and develop data validation scripts to ensure integrity of the data in the reporting system;
• Monitor and report abnormal data loads, slow queries, and data integrity anomalies.
• 3-5 year(s) experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures using MySQL database;
• 3-5 year(s) ETL experience using bash scripts in a Unix Linux environment;
• Experience with MS Excel – charts, graphs, pivot tables, vlookup and other Excel functions;
• Solid understanding of MySQL explain plans and optimization of slow queries;
• Experience developing scripts using bash and running cron jobs;
• Experience working with BIRT will be considered;
• Organized, detailed oriented, meticulous and precise when writing scripts;
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks;
• High attention to detail with a structured and methodical way to review scripts and queries;
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competing priorities;
• Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Formal Computer Science education.