Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Global Data Analytics and Solutions
• Project: Global Data Analytics and Solutions is seeking a Data Strategist to support development and delivery of GDAS Global Analytics initiatives.
• The group is bringing on an additional contractor to help the manager different projects in development.
• The strategist serves as a key communication point between the business to find the problem, and the analytics team to find the solutions.
• Reason for request: Increased Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the banks top applications and technologies which are being recognized right now in the banking space as being some of the most progressive and forward thinking.
Typical Day in Role:
• Remote meetings daily to follow up on status of different initiatives with two main stakeholders – Data Analytics and the local teams in South America
• Follow up on status of milestones and development
• Where multiple hats in regards to bouncing from working with different countries with different initiatives, etc
• This candidate must be comfortable balancing many different things at once and flexible handling many different parts
• Manage master data including creation, manipulation, deletion, updates, etc
• Provide quality assurance of data that is being imported and partnering with the QA’s teams where necessary
• Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
• Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems
• Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Candidate must be fluent in English / Spanish both written and verbal
• 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist role – preferably within a large global FI
• 1+ years of experience with PowerBI or other BI Tools
• 2+ years of Project management or oversight in a role – being able to bring together the different aspects of the end to end project
• 2+ years of experience working with any BI Tools – the more knowledge the better
• 2+ years of experience with Python
• Experience with Adobe Analytics
• Experience specifically within banking is highly preferred
• Self driven and able to work independently during different time zones, evenings and weekends as required.
• Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
• Candidate will be communicating with senior level individuals on a day to day
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate complex concepts with increasingly senior shareholders and integrate work and priorities across multiple teams
• This individual will be communicating with individuals across all levels of the bank so the communication skills must be the highest level and proven in past experiences working with a number of senior individuals
• Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1 or 2 Step Process: With the hiring manager – Experience and behavioral focused
• Likely will be set up as a panel interview