Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Global artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Project: Customer facing chat-bot project, candidate will have the opportunity to leave their fingerprint on a new platform
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers. Build the bank’s customer facing chatbot (the first of its kind) from the ground up. Candidates will have the opportunity to develop this for the entire French speaking client-base.
• An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Typical Day in Role:
• Be responsible for delivering a high-quality French Chatbot experience by identifying and creating appropriate French utterances, entities, and perform testing to ensure high accuracy of customer intents on Google Dialoglfow
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to define success metrics for the French chat bot
• Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, and ML product owners to develop and implement scalable sustainment procedures for updating and maintaining the French chatbot
• Support Research & Development work focused on the effective application of design thinking and scalable advanced techniques to drive ideation and innovation for improving the chatbot experience and understanding customer intents
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in decision making
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Fluency in French is required (understand of data they are working with)
• Experience with ML/AI techniques and NLP
• Knowledge of Chatbots
• Experience with Google Dialogflow is an asset
• Experience with open-source programming languages such as Python, R or Scala is an asset
• Working knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI would be an asset
• Strong collaboration skills with ability to translate technical knowledge into business value
• Effective communication skills with ability to prepare project documentation and presentations
Best vs Average:
• An ideal candidate would have direct experience with chatbot projects and maintaining chat bots in French.
• Direct hands-on work with chatbots and/or Google Dialogflow.
• Average candidate would still be fluent in French, but may not have the hands-on experience with Chatbots, but will have general experience with NLP AI and some coding experience.
Degrees or certifications:
• University/Post graduate degree in relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
Candidate Review & Selection:
• Structure and Format: One or two rounds (depending on team availability, the below interviews may be held in one session)
• Technical interview
• Quick French screening interview