Story Behind the Need:
• There has never been a better time to join client as a Data Scientist.
• The Data Scientist role in the Global Data & Analytics team at client is designed for individuals with a curiosity for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
• This role will be focusing on Open Banking projects.
• A successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in big Data Analytical environments, with a meaningful experience building strong working relationships, and success in effectively identifying and managing client requirements and expectations for delivering data solutions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within client.
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
• You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work closely and independently with business owners to identify opportunities and serve as an ambassador for promoting analytical solutions
• Ingest massive volumes of structured and unstructured format data, model, transform and store it in a variety of data stores
• Leverage distributed computing tools (e.g., Spark, Cloud) for analysis, data mining, and modeling
• Design and deliver analytical solutions to clients for unveiling insights and boosting business performance
• Support build real-time/batch data pipeline and automate dashboards in cloud/on-premise environment
• Support stakeholders in delivering enterprise-wide solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
• 3-6+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist
• 3-6+ years of hands-on experience with Python, SQL (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL), Spark, building data pipelines and dashboards
• 3-6+ years of experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files)
• 3-6+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data/Cloud ecosystem (GCP preferred) and experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred)
• 3-6+ years of experience with UNIX tools and shell scripting
• 3-6+ years of experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or PowerBI
• Experience with docker, Airflow, Trino, K8s is preferred
• Good to have knowledge and understanding of the evolving requirements for Open Banking in Canada, understanding Open Banking across global jurisdictions, and the technology required to enable Open Banking capabilities
• Strong communication skills with excellent ability to synthesize complex information
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, data architects and IT team members on project goals
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• Strong data engineer background – hands on experience in ETL process
• Cross-team collaboration – ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members and business stakeholders
• University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics)
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1st round MS Teams video interview – Hiring manager (45 minutes)
• 2nd round MS Teams video interview – Panel interview (30 minutes)