Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Database Services – Mainframe & DB2 is seeking a strong DB2 LUW (Linux, Unix Windows) DBA to provide ongoing support and partner with solution architects, data modelers, application developers, and support teams.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain further hands on experience with DB2 and will likely have the opportunity to be extended and work on projects as their contract goes on.
• Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
• Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
• Working Condition – Critical and complex database environments including production and non-production for DB2 LUW UDB.
• Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
• Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
• Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
• Write scripts and enhance performance.
• Strong knowledge of SQL.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments
• Ability to provide rotational pager support (for 1 week about every 2-3 months)
• You are able to work individually or as part of a team.
• You possess good technical presentation skills.
• You have strong communication skills (both oral and written).
• You have the desire to keep up with new technological innovations.
Nice to Haves:
• Mainframe knowledge
• FI/Banking experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.