Story Behind The Need
• Business group: Revolving Credit, Data & Transaction. Business group falls within the revolving credit and data management team. For this team specifically, only DBA team that manages Db2 systems and mainframe IBM data platform. Global team managing data systems.
• Project: DBA manages on dedicated 24/7 systems. Multiple projects and application teams to support. DBA has to have deep knowledge of DB2 HADR – production cluster.
• Reason for request: Database administrator backfill required.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with leading DBA’s in the industry and lead expert in the industry. client has the largest DB2 platform. Possibility of extension for top performers.
Typical Day In Role
• Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
• Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
• Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
• Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
• Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
• Write scripts and enhance performance.
• Strong knowledge of SQL
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
• 7 + years Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
• 7 + years SQL Program Language Experience – as team also does development work
• Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
• Certification on latest database technologies
• Able to work individually and as a team
• Coordination Skills
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent Presentation Skills – able to translate technical standards/practices to customer
Degrees Or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: 1-2 Microsoft Teams Interview with technical questions
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
• Looking for a Full Stack DBA
• This is the only DBA team for Db2 at the bank – the manager is looking for someone to bring unique skills and must have passion for programming.
• DB2 is a must-have for this position. Candidates without DB2 will not be considered for this role
• Team tends not to hire consultants