Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The GTS – Technology Operations & Engineering is managing a large scale enhancements to the systems data lakes.
• Need: The DBA Responsible for implementation, tuning and ongoing administration of Big Data infrastructure on Hadoop cluster and other NoSQL platforms.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple initiatives on non-relational databases , gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• Manage end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning using a variety of open source and developed toolsets.
• Implement automation solutions across all aspects of the environments including installation, configuration, monitoring and utilization.
• Collaborate with PMs, Production Support, Development, Architecture, and other Infrastructure teams, providing design recommendations, driving standards for effective implementations.
• Ensure the databases have security standards implemented which comply with client’s Security, Risk and Audit requirements.
• Perform all levels of production and SDLC DBA support such as but not limited to:
o Plan and coordinate patching and upgrades.
o Conduct disaster recovery and sustained resiliency tests.
o Manage database backup and recovery.
o Provide performance tuning support.
o Troubleshoot and resolve database/application issues in a timely manner.
• The Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) is based on Hadoop (Cloudera) technology and enables our business partners across the bank by developing and maintaining high quality enterprise data assets. Trusted data will enable valuable insights, improve decision-making to serve our customer better through operationally efficient processes.
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years end-to-end DBA experience
• 3-4 years’ Hadoop big data cluster experience
• 3 + years’ Java development – to understand written data lake (DBA needs to have strong technical scope)
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate code tuning and performance issues to development team
• Education: Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or a technology related field.
Nice to have Skills:
• Financial Industry experience is a plus