Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: GFT – Financial MIS is seeking an intermediate Programmer Analyst. They will be a member of the data warehouse development team. This team supports the business needs of International Banking Division regulatory reporting and core MIS through a focus on the maintenance and delivery of the Divisional data warehouse (IDR). The Programmer Analyst will be providing ongoing support for monthly productions and various tasks.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get exposure to several various tasks and team members, while working with a great and supportive team.
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide support for warehouse production process (IDR).
• Support the ETL process of miscellaneous data marts and operational data stores.
• Development of ETL/MIS projects of intermediate level of complexity.
• Develop and/or maintain new/existing SAS code to support ETL processes for IDR.
• Develop MIS reports and queries on demand from staging and/or presentation servers.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• SAS macro and data step programming for the development of data extraction for reliable production processing, and the delivery of MIS requirements – 3+ years of hands on experience
• Microsoft Office – 5+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of relational databases i.e. MS SQL server, DB2, Oracle or Sybase and MS Access on the Client side – nice to have
• ETL experience
• Client experience*
• MIS experience
• SAS Certification (big asset)
• Strong written (documentation) and verbal communications skills to deal with the IB units effectively and good time and work management skills. – soft skills **
• Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment. Effective team behaviors and dedication to high standards of customer service are required.
• Post Secondary education in Computer Science or similar and 3 years of relevant work experience in a Financial MIS environment.