Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary: The main function of a Database Analyst / Programmer is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to multiple moving pieces as systems are upgraded for long term engagements
Typical Day in Role & Job Responsibilities:
• Work with SMEs, Business Analysts and Technology teams to understand the end to end data requirements
• Contribute towards development of data standards, data dictionaries, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Write and code SQL logic and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience with SQL. Can demonstrate capability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
• 5+ years of experience in Relational and Dimensional data models.
• 4+ years of experience with data warehouse and reporting modeling experience
• 4+ years of hands on experience in database and SQL performance tuning
• Propose and review modifications to existing software for better efficiency and performance
• 5+ years of experience with strong data modeling fundamentals including experience with 3rd normal form
• Experience creating logical data models and physical data models
• Ability to reverse engineer from existing database MS SQL. – would like to see in resume
• Understanding to MVC architecture, three tier application development.
• Experience in OLTP and OLAP data models. – big asset
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field