• Client is looking for a Database Engineer. Position will be 50% production support as well as 50% coding (coding using Python and SQL.
Typical Day in Role:
• Application is supporting VBA/ Macros – assumption that there will be some enhancements
• Be a key contributor in the development of cost effective and robust applications.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Engage with business analysts to completely understand businesses ongoing needs.
• Manage own development timelines.
• Ensure all tasks are worked to a robust completion.
• Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
• Provide technical support to infrastructure teams to assist in resolving production issues.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development.
• Provide technical guidance to other team members.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10 + years programming with Python, VBA Macros
• 2 + years’ experience with Spring or Spring Boot Frameworks
• 2 + years’ experience with Linux OS: Shell, Perl or Python
• 2 + years’ application server experience with IBM WebSphere or JBoss
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required