Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Business group falls within the revolving credit and data management team. For this team specifically, only DBA team that manages Db2 systems and mainframe IBM data platform. Global team managing data systems.
Project Summary :
• DBA resource for KYC project – managed on dedicated 24/7 system, DBA has to have deep knowledge of DB2 HADR – production cluster.
Reason for request:
• Backfill – DBA – support application releases, support the infrastructure.
• Answer all developer questions, release manager, production delivery.
• To back fill a full stack DB2 DBA – The DB2 LUW DBA will partner with solution architects, data modelers, application developers, and support teams
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Opportunity to work with leading DBA’s in the industry and lead expert in the industry. Client has the largest DB2 platform. Possibly of extension for top performers.
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
• Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
• Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
• Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
• Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
• Write scripts and enhance performance.
• Strong knowledge of SQL.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
• 7 + years Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
• 7 + years SQL Program Language Experience – as team also does development work
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent Presentation Skills – able to translate technical standards/practices to customer.
• Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
Nice to have skills:
• Certification on latest database technologies
Soft Skills Required:
• Able to work individually and as a team
• Coordination Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: 1-2 Microsoft Teams Interview
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP