About the Role
• The Delivery Manager (DM) is accountable for all initiatives and service metrics under assigned clients, ensuring that clients’ initiatives (projects) deliver on client’s solution targets meeting/exceeding clients’ business needs as per client’s requirements
• The DM is responsible for the management of the set of projects undertaken by an under client’s portfolio, ensuring all initiatives are delivered as per client’s solution and client’s requirements. Additionally, the delivery manager is in charge of overseeing service metrics execution under the Client’s portfolio of products in production ensuring that client meets/exceeds on service level agreements metrics. The DM will carry out periodic service reviews with client to review project and service metrics to ensure client’s satisfaction and to gather client’s feedback.
• The Delivery Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of the Financial/Forex Technology industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the client set supported. The position will require deep understanding and experience in project management and life cycle development methodologies and technical architectures pertaining to the area. An expertise in general business and client relationship management is a must.
As a leader in the Delivery Team you will:
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive and operating to common objectives and priorities within approved budgets
• Work with Client’s Project Sponsors to establish the scope of the project and then managed to the established scope. Ensure Client’s Projects Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor and/or Steering Committee.
• Coordinate meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues depending on type of issue to either the client’s corresponding areas (product, operations, etc.) or Client’s PMs or Sponsor.
• Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects
• The Delivery Manager exerts primary control through an approved monitoring and reporting functions and through participation in a preparation, approval and reporting cycle.
• Operates independently day to day. Direction is often received only at the most conceptual or abstract level. This requires the incumbent to conduct considerable research and apply a high level of insight to develop the parameters of an issue before strategies can be defined and tactics to respond are developed. A very high level of autonomy is required, with the incumbent required to exercise judgment to balance the necessity of timely responses to pressing issues and opportunities with the requirement to bridge the interests of various stakeholders.
• The DM must be prepared to defend his/her views with these interested Client’s stakeholders, backing opinions with sound data and business acumen.
Education / Work Experience / Designations:
The Delivery Manager will bring the following:
• A developed, demonstrated competence and experience leading and participating in implementation of technology projects in the financial/banking industry ideally in capital markets / FX Trading. This is to be coupled with the ability to effectively project manage a multiple number of projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization. The position is expected to have extensive knowledge of Financial/Forex Exchange industry technologies, product development methodologies and technical architectures pertaining to the area.Expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies, as well broad understanding of service metrics and service level agreements
• Advanced management and leadership skills sufficient to lead and motivate the team and excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
• Expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups within diverse and multi-functional reporting units that are most often not within the incumbent’s direct supervision.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations and creatively develop alternate solutions and approaches necessary to resolve high-level, complex problems. The individual is expected to bring solutions to the table and support an “information technology” part of all business plans.
• Expert facilitation and interviewing skills are required to produce objective and highly developed Benefit Maps.
• Superior oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line management up to the Executive Vice-President (individually or in committee); chairing meetings involving diverse client’s organizations and management levels; and dealing with vendors/consultants without exceeding authority. They must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills are also critical in order to negotiate with project team members/management to acquire/maintain support and to negotiate priorities with full consideration and awareness of potential impact on business needs and outcomes.
In addition, the following acquired working knowledge and background is necessary to a degree matching the individual’s seniority:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
• Data Processing
• Communication Systems
• Multiplatform Integration frameworks- Basic Accounting
• Contract Law
• Planning Techniques
• Elements of Organization and Management for large companies
• Basic statistics/operations research
• Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
• PMP and/.or Scrum Master designation an asset
• Formal Project Management Education