• Within the Data and Analytics program, a junior/intermediate executor responsible to analyze, design, develop, and support analytics solutions and interactive data visualizations using Power BI. Contribute business and technical knowledge to ensure that the data goals of the business are met.
Duties And Responsibilities
• With supervision and code/design reviews by senior staff, responsible for the timely completion of high quality, well designed and well architected Power BI solutions that make appropriate use of technology.
• Responsible for completion of an acceptable volume of work and for the communication of status of personal work plans and tasks required to design, develop, and test assigned portion of projects.
• Responsible for maintaining currency in technological trends and directions continually upgrading personal technical and IT related skills through research, education and self motivated technology experimentation.
• Participate in new technology investigation and make recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Will provide project planning, technical design, and development in the application development area in support of enterprise projects.
• Must be able to work independently and with others.
• Must be able to provide technical design solutions and ensure all technology options are considered.
• Communicate and interact effectively with systems professionals, as well as end users who have varying levels of technical expertise.
• Work independently, on prioritized work assignments, meet deadlines and produce an adequate volume of work.
• Resourcefulness, creativity, good judgement and ability to learn/pick up new things quickly.
• Willingness to explore new technologies and understanding how they work.
• Comfortable being an embedded member of a Project delivery team or working side by side with Clients to design, develop, implement, manage and support enterprise BI solutions.
• Provide technical and problem solving assistance to team members.
Knowledge & Skills
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent working experience.
• Sound knowledge of current information systems theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Minimum of 2-3 years software development experience using object oriented programming patterns and designs.
• Experience in developing solutions through the full software development life cycle – from conception to completion – with ability to assist coordinating activities, scheduling, and understanding the Reporting requirements.
• Expertise in delivering BI reporting solutions using tools using Microsoft Power BI
• Understanding of data related concepts and experience with relational and dimensional models using Oracle/PL-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
• Exposure to various software development methodologies and practices such as Continuous Delivery, Scrum and Agile.