• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core
• Reason for request: Backfill a contractor position
Typical Day in the Role:
• Analysis, solutioning and code development and code review for other team members
• Providing support to production releases.
• Reverse engineering and requirement analysis of an intake.
Candidate Value Proposition-
• We are servicing the client customer platform. We have multiple projects and there are multiple opportunities to stay on board.
• You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
• You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
• You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
• You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
• You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
• You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
• You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 7+ years of building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java
• 5+ years of Proficient experience using J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
• 5+ years of experience using Spring / Struts 2 / JSF / jQuery / Hibernate/ Sybase
• Hands on experience with WebSphere 6 and Apache Tomcat
• 5+ years of experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
• Hands-on experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD
• Well knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt experience to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have:
• Previous experiences in major Canadian bank considered as asset, specifically web banking system
• Previous experiences as Technical Lead or Solution Architect considered as asset
• Past client experience
• Past FI or Banking Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field