Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: we are the global system payments. We will work on high value payments technology team that support wire payments for the bank
• Reason for request: For US AML data remediation work
• The incumbent is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, real time Payments application, based on the software – BESS which runs on the HP Nonstop platform. This is a high value payment application supports the bank’s wireroom and money transfer business operations with international interfaces to SWIFT and FED wire services. The incumbent is responsible for the complex development projects, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance.
Summary: The main function of the Data Analyst is to provide business intelligence support and supporting areas by means of both repeatable and ad hoc reporting delivery reports (charts, graphs, tables, etc) that enable informed business decisions.
Typical Day in the role:
• Data remediation gather request from US AML regarding data quality issues
• Analyze issues and work with the BA to understand the problem and provide technical solutions for remediation
• Understanding problems, requirements, provide technical solutions and then develop and implement the solution.
• Develop cost effective applications to meet the business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing detailed technical designs, investigating and recommending new technologies, developing and delivering prototypes. The incumbent is required to ensure all applications developed have a high degree of integrity, reliability and availability to meet the requirements of the on-line transaction processing environment.
• Provide technical expertise and advice on systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
• Provide production and user acceptance testing application support on the high value payments ecosystem and resolve issues by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures.
• Implement new systems or enhancements, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans and create system documentation. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the business / operations on the new functionality.
Qualifications/ Must have:
• 5+ years of experience with HP Nonstop Tandem, Mainframe platform
• 3+ years of experience with Programming languages – COBOL, SCOBOL, C, TACL, SQL
• 2+ years of experience with Database – SQL/MP, SQL/MX
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using development techniques, such as debugging, testing, coding, use of productivity tools
Nice to Have skills:
• Prior FI or Banking experience
• Message based technology (MQ)
• BESS or GTX Wireroom application is an asset
• Networking, communications, on-line transaction processing (OLTP) technology
• University/college degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience