• The GWRT Securities Group is looking for a Real Time Event Driven ETL Developer
• Project: The group is working on multiple initiatives supporting Real time trade booking integrations to centralize the book platforms used for Upstream trading.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks real time processing while utilizing new technology in an Agile environment.
Typical Day in Role:
• Provide expert-level technical solutions and support to a vendor integrated product.
• Committed full-stack developer that is capable of delivering code with high degree of quality and speed; design and maintain test suites to ensure high quality.
• Investigate and troubleshoot with great thoroughness to provide accurate and quick feedback or workaround to the business.
• Self-disciplined developer that can provide strong architect design meeting all functional, non-functional and security requirements;
• Research and explore proof of concepts for ideas to grow the value of the product;
• Own technology excellence with hands-on approach to keep current on the application technology stack;
• Collaborate with various teams from technical and business background to optimize the product to magnify the utilization;
• Acknowledge and follow agile mindset and scrum framework with the strong team mindset.
• Matured team member that can provide guidance to peers, and ensure knowledge is well organized inside the team.
Must have skills:
• 5+ years’ experience with C# .NET development with expert level knowledge of language and developing environments. (version 4.3 or higher)
• 5+ years’ experience with designing, administering, tuning and troubleshooting SQL Servers.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with PowerShell scripting.
• Minimum 1 Project working with integration platforms such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, MQ.
• 5 + years’ experience using data schemas in XML, JSON, (AVRO, CSV, added bonuses)
• Experience using 1 or more collaboration tools such as JIRA (used for submitting tickets), Confluence (knowledge sharing), or similar Azure DevOps tools.
• 3+ years’ experience in FinTech, Canadian banking or other capital markets knowledge.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to interpret and explain complex technology concepts in simple terms to any level business user, director, or VP. – Windows environment
• Strong analytic skills in both technology and business areas. – will be speaking with traders – will have direct contact with ***will need to be able to communicate with business – specifically for concepts, ideas and patterns (a lot of shared design sessions take place) – will need to be able to justify*
Nice to have skills:
• Unix Shell scripting.
• Testing tools like NUnit and Selenium. – end to end development with testing including NUnit / Selenium – having ability to learn and desire to learn quickly
• Docker and in developing/deploying/testing/running applications in a Cloud environment. Experience with source control tools such as Git, BitBucket, SVN.
• Knowledge of building secured applications conforming to enterprise architecture standards like SFTP, TLS, certificate, authentication, authorization etc. – nice to have